Summer breeze, makes me feel fine-Seals and Crofts “Summer Breeze“
Thursday June 9, 2016 7:08 am
Thousand Oaks, California
For as long as I can remember, I’ve woken up June 9th and my very first thought has always been “Today is Daddy’s birthday”.
I’m 52 years old and my dad died a long, long time ago; when I was just 17 and he was only 39 so I doubt that will ever change. This is on my Top Five Things I Am Finest About In My Life.
Today’s “18” are some of the things my dad gave to me that made me, his oldest daughter, into the woman I became after he went away. They’re the things I hope to have given to my children, his grandchildren, as well.
My dad’s legacy is his forever gift to me.
Keeping that alive is mine to him.
Happy Birthday, daddy.
- A value system, moral code and ethics based on being honest, responsible and respectful
- My sense of humor
- My intellect
- And valuing it
- Tenacity, Strength, Fortitude And Never Let Them See You Sweat
- My Leadership Skills
- Loyalty. Till the wheels fall off.
- A little bit of great is better than a lot of not so great
- My sense of adventure
- Never settle for second best. In anything. For anything. Ever.
- The Fine Art of being A Unapologetic High/Over Achiever
- Work as hard as you play. In that order.
- Hang In There, Baby.
- Family First
- Love Big, Love Hard.
- Sympathy is between “Shit” and “Syphilis” in the Dictionary (but not in real life)
- Actions speak louder than Words
- Never put off today what you can do five minutes ago (see #11)